1. What materials do you use? Colored pencils: A combination of Faber Castell Polychromos and Caran D'ache Luminance pencils on Canson 1557 paper. Graphite: Pentel mechanical pencils(0.3 and 0.5 mm) combined with a black Polychromos pencil on Canson 1557 paper. Pastel: Koh I noor softpastels, Faber Castell Pitt pencils and Stabilo Carbothello pencils on Pastelmat.
Additional materials: Tombow mono zero eraser, Kneaded eraser, Sakura gelly roll pen(white), Derwent SuperPoint manual pencil sharpener.
2. How many hours does a drawing take to make? It really depends! Colored pencils drawings definitely take the longest because of the way the colors have to be layered to create a realistic result. These could easily take around 40-50 hours. Graphite or pastel drawings take a little less time but can still take up to 20-30 hours depending on the size and difficulty of the subject.
3. Can you draw my pet if I send you a picture? Sure I can! I don't work for free though, so please have a look at the price indications first. After choosing a size it's possible to reserve a space on the waiting list for you. Feel free to Email me!
4. Can you draw every animal? Yes, I'm open for any kind of animal portrait. Fish, lions, gerbils, horses...you name it!
5. Is it possible to pay in terms? Yes, if you wish to pay in terms we could discuss what works the best for you and set up an agreement.
6. Do you do workshops? At the moment I don't(yet)! But I'm definitely planning to in the future. I do have narrated drawing tutorials available on www.patreon.com/LeontinevanVliet and I'm planning on creating online courses.